ZOELLA (ZOE SUGG) GIRL ONLINE & GIRL ONLINE ON TOUR BOOK REVIEWS



Hey my loves,

With almost 10.5 million subscribers on YouTube, her own beauty line, two of her own books and an extremely popular blog- I imagine most of you have heard of Zoe Sugg, otherwise known as Zoella here in the blogging/vlogging community.

I have to say, I have watched Zoe on YouTube for a very long time and I absolutely love watching her videos and also reading her blog posts.

Zoe’s first book Girl Online was released on the 25th November 2014, through the world famous- penguin books. Zoe’s novel is a New York Times best seller in the young adult category and was the fastest selling book of 2014. Zoe also broke the record for the highest first week sales for a debut author since records began.

Zoe’s first book ‘Girl Online’, is aimed at young adults and is based on a teen anonymous blogger who documents her life experiences and shares her difficulties dealing with her panic attacks and anxiety. Penny and her family fly away to New York, where she meets a boy called Noah. Penny starts to fall in love and documents it all on her blog. But, there is a secret, one which could break Penny’s cover.

Girl Online is a typical young adult book that has a captivating plot which sucks you in. I received the book for Christmas and read it within 2 days, I just could not put it down. I have to admit, being 20 years old the book probably isn’t for my age group, but I absolutely loved it.

The plot and changing story lines suck you in and you feel like it’s happening to you - I felt as if I was in the book myself.

Throughout the book I was wanting to turn to the last chapter to find out what happened in the end as it was very intense and I was just hoping for a happy ending, I resisted temptation and waited until the end.

Even though the book is based more on a younger audience I was very happy with the purchase and was so gutted when I finished reading it as I just wanted to read more.....that’s where Girl Online on tour comes into play.
Girl Online on Tour was the second book by Zoella and this was released on the 20th of October 2015, again through penguin books.

I won’t give you a teaser of the plot as I don’t want to give away what happened in the first book, just in case some of you haven’t read it yet- which I’m sure you have.

However, again, when I found out that Zoe was releasing as sequel to Girl Online, I just knew that I had to get my hands on a copy. So, like the year before, I received the second book for Christmas 2015.

I was so excited to read the second book as I had been waiting so long to find out what was going to happen with Penny and Noah as the first book ended on a real cliffhanger.

Like I did with the first, I read the whole of the second novel within a few days-and of course I absolutely loved it! I have to admit; I did prefer the first book but the second was still a great read.

If you are looking at reading a book with lots of plot twists which will also draw you in, I would highly recommend these two Girl Online novels by Zoella- they are amazing. Great work Zoe!

I absolutely loved the books, and I would 100% read more books by Zoe- if she were to release any more.

After writing this post, I think I may even go back and read them both again.

Let me know in the comments below if you have read Girl Online and Girl Online on Tour and what you thought of them? Also if you know of any other captivating novels, feel free to leave some suggestions below too.

See you all soon.
Victoria Ann xx 

2 comments

  1. I haven't read these books, but this post has made me really want to! I was unsure whether I'd like them, I've been worrying I'm too old, but it sounds like you really did enjoy them so I'm going to give them a go. I think the plot sounds amazing, and even the cover is really cute!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit unsure too, as I thought they might be a little young for me. In a sense they probably are but I don't care because they are great! You should definitely go and purchase them, you'll be addicted. Let me know once you have read them!

      Victoria Ann xx

      Delete

© Victoria Ann

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig