BILLY ELLIOT THE MUSICAL



Hey my loves,

One thing you might not know about me, is that I absolutely love musicals! Whether that be a production or just a movie- I love them!

For Christmas last year, my brother, sister and I decided to get my parents tickets to go and see Billy Elliot the Musical in theatre for their main present. (my parents absolutely love theatre productions too.)

When it came to actually booking the tickets, me and my sister both turned into the green eyed monster- big style!

Billy Elliot is one of our all time favourite films, so we couldn’t resist temptation and we had to get ourselves a set of tickets too-oops!

That being said, we ordered the tickets for Good Friday 2016 and we couldn’t have been more excited-however, we did have a few months to wait.

Surprisingly, the months flew by and it was finally BILLY ELLIOT DAY! I had never been so excited for something in all my life, it was my first ever musical theatre production.



We were quite lucky really as the production company was amazing and some of the cast were ones which had been in the West End- so we were very blessed to be watching such amazing actors.

The show was incredible and such a good extension of the film. Everything from the sets to the acting and the script writing was phenomenal. We were 3 rows from the front so we had such a great view of the stage!

Seeing as a lot of the cast were young kids under the age of 8, they did absolutely amazingly, and their acting was some of the best I had ever seen.

Some of the audience were shocked by the language used in the show and was surprised that the young kids also used swear words, but in my opinion- if you have watched the film before you should have known that would have been an element of the show.

The singing and ballet dancing which was also performed by the cast was outstanding, such great choreography and songs, I was blown away. I also enjoyed the humorous side they incorporated in- I was in stitches laughing.

Seeing as I had never really seen a musical theatre production before, I was not expecting it to be as good as it was- people in the audience were even sobbing their hearts out at points!


My sister and I were actually looking to see if they had any tickets left for their other shows as it was that good-ha-ha! (Unfortunately, we couldn’t get any.)

The show was such a great experience and I am so happy that I got to share it with family- we all loved it.

I would highly recommend going to watch Billy Elliot the Musical in theatre if you get the chance to, because you won’t be disappointed. Even though the tickets were quite pricey, the show itself was so worth it! (even if my back killed from the rubbish chairs)

Let me know in the comments below if you have seen Billy Elliot in theatre and what you thought.  Also leave some recommendations of any other productions you think I would like.

See you all soon.

Victoria Ann xx

No comments

Post a Comment

© Victoria Ann

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig