MUA UNDRESSED EYE SHADOW PALETTE REVIEW & COMPARISON TO URBAN DECAY NAKED PALETTE


Hey my loves, 
Seeing as I previously posted a review on the NAKED Urban Decay eye shadow palette, I thought it would only be right to post a cheaper alternative, £38 for one palette is quite pricey after all. 
MUA released the Undressed palette in July 2012, this palette became widely available in superdrug stores across the UK. (If you aren't in the UK and want this palette, MUA now ships internationally.) The palette has a combination of nude shimmers and mattes, ideal for creating a toned down day time look or a smokey toned look for the evening.
MUA priced this palette at £4, yes, you heard right, £4 measly pounds! Having tried out MUA's previous palette (heaven and earth) I was really impressed by the eye shadows and the pigmentation they gave out so I thought I would head down to my nearest superdrug and pick up the new undressed palette.
This palette was highly raved before it was even released, this was because there was a lot of talk on it being a dupe of the NAKED palette. Everyone who was talking was completely right! 
The MUA undressed palette consists of 12 different shades, 2 matte and 10 shimmer (exactly the same as the UD NAKED.) All of the shades which MUA have used are dupes of each colour in the NAKED palette.
Unlike UD, MUA haven't given their shades a name, they have simply just numbered them from 1-12. Ideally I like the idea of individual names for each shade, but due to the low cost MUA opted out of this feature.


All of the shades which MUA use are very pigmented and have great colour payoff, especially as you are only paying £4 for the product. Understandably, Urban Decay has better pigmentation and colour pay off compared to MUA BUT there isn't a lot of difference
swatches of the undressed palette with flash



swatches of UD NAKED palette with flash 


As you can see from the two pictures above, there really isn't a lot of difference between the two palettes. Both of the palettes give great pigmentation and go on the lid perfectly, neither crease on the lid and they both last all day/night. 

The only thing I would say the NAKED palette did better than MUA was the packaging and naming each individual shade. Other than that I can honestly say once my NAKED palette runs out I will be repurchasing the MUA palette as a replacement. 
If you have been after the Urban Decay NAKED palette but just simply can't afford it, I would 100% recommend picking up the MUA Undressed for just £4. 
Big thumbs up for MUA and their amazing work in providing a low cost dupe of the NAKED palette.
See you all soon.

Victoria Ann xx

9 comments

  1. Ahh thankyou! Feel free to follow for more regular posts!

    I'll check yours out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This palette is stunning! I have a habit of collecting eyeshadow palettes at the minute so think I may have to purchase this one x
    han // em&han xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it really isn't that far off the NAKED palette and it is definitely worth £4! Let me know what you think if you get it! Thanks for following! x

      Delete
  3. I love comparisons posts! I agree there isn't a lot of difference in the two palettes as far as quality. However, as far as price the MUA palette is a steal!
    Thanks for visiting my blog:)

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, MUA palette is definitely worth it! Thanks for visiting mine too! :) x

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love MUA products! I use their eye shadow all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many of their pallettes they are one of my all time faves!

      Delete

© Victoria Ann

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig